Stuffed French toast just might be the greatest breakfast food ever created. Its not just French toast, but French toast in sandwich form filled with all kinds of crazy goodness. You can't beat it. The best part is that making stuffed French toast is about as easy as making regular French toast. And, while you can just slap two pieces of bread together with something sandwiched in the middle, using the following technique pretty much guarantees you will be the stuffed French toast master.
1cup Softened cream cheese
1each French baguette- sliced into 2" portions
3/4cup Orange marmelade
6ea. Whole fresh large eggs
1/4c Light cream
1cup each- Your choice of fresh fruit. ( sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries and/or raspberries, sliced kiwi, grapes, diced pineapple )* Choose a variety of atleast 3 different fruits
1. Slice 2" portions of french bread on the bias
2. Cut each portion 3/4 though to form pocket. ( See picture )
3. Crack eggs in bowl, add light cream and whip to make egg batter. ( set aside )
4. Wash and cut all fruit into bite size pieces ( set aside )
5. Combine and mix cream cheese and cinnamon
6. Using a butterknife, fill pockets with cream cheese filling
7. Spray non stick pan with PAM or similiar spray oil. Place pan on medium heat.
8. Dip stuffed bread in batter and pan fry getting a golden brown on both sides.
If cooking in batches, place on sheetpan and keep warm in 225f oven until all stuffed portions are cooked.
9. Warm orange marmelade in pan on low heat.
10. Place french toast on plate and spoon 2 TBSP of marmelade on each portion.